Taught by: Juana Martinez ( “Something to Celebrate,” “Anacleto: Secret Agent,” “Wednesday There,” “Three Weddings More.”)
July 22nd to 24th 2015
Hours: 15:30 to 20:30
Price: 180 euros
- Learn a comedic monologue for theatre/television
- Learn how to deal with a comedic casting director
- Recognize the principal errors one could make during a casting call
- Enhance the personal resources of comedians
- Record sequences for a videobook
- Day 1 will de dedicated to comedy from a theatrical view point. We will record a comedic monologue performer by every student.
- Day 2 and 3 will focus of comedy from the view point of television. The students will each be recorded twice in HD, and they can add these videos to their videobook.
This is a practical course intended to help actors prepare for casting. Juana will gives attendees an overview of the casting process, pointing out some of the major mistakes that actors make and explaining useful tips to address these problems.
In total, two scenes and a comedic monologue will be recorded for each students. All recorded material will be given to actors in a videobook for archiving.
Juana is currently preparing to cast the films “May God Forgive Us” (Rodrigo Sorogoyen), “Elite Corps” (Joaquin Mazon), “The Cry,” “Nit D’Hivern Barcelona,” “Do Not Blame Karma For What You Get, Asshole,” “Maria Ripoll,” and “Anacleto: Secret Agent” (post-production).
Intended for actors. Provide CV