Taught by: Laura Calveras
Thursday 19:00 – 21:00
Price: 120 euros
Learn the basic style of director/choreographer Bob Fosse and dance learn combinations (Chicago, Cabaret, etc.)
- Adopt proper posture
- Learn the basic steps and combinations of jazz in Bob Fosse’s style
- Promote flexibility and strengthen muscle tone
- Understand the importance of stage presence and body porjection
- Work on different combinations within small and large groups
- Move as a unit while different gestures and steps are executed
- Work on the ease of expression, movement, and interpretation of choreography
- Work on memorizing choreography
- Learn simple group formations
Classes will begin with a warm-up of low-intensity movements that will increase as we begin to practice the basic steps that will become part of the choreography.
You will use props, such as hats, white gloves, canes, etc.
You will learn the stylistic technique of Fosse, such as crossing ankle, hip beatings, swaying shoulders, and tilted positions.
We will use choreography to practice the technique and to interpret the rhythms and steps. There will be a performance at the end of the workshop.
No prior dance experience needed. Open to all levels of youth and adults.