Youth Musical Theatre Workshop
Do you watch “Glee” or “Smash?” Have you heard of “Legally Blonde,” “Avenue Q,” “Les Miserables,” “Wicked,” “Rent,” or “Fame?”
If you really want to act, sing, and dance, then this workshop is for you! You’re in the right place because throughout this course you will work on different types of theatre in order to discover your talent!
At Gershwin, you will work on three aspects (singing, acting, dancing) so you can build a solid foundation in helping you perform a musical.
The students will perform a musical scene at the end of the course to showcase the skills they have discovered and worked on throughout the workshop.
Objectives of this workshop:
- Discover and enhance skills
- Explore new ways of perceiving reality
- Accept personal commitment to participate in a group project
- Integrate each individual within the group
- Respect your peers
- Work on self-criticism
- Improve motor skills
- Develop musicality
- Learn to make good use of the voice
- Understand all elements of a musical theatre production
- Work on these elements within a group setting